The 1.8-liter Chevrolet F18D3 or LDA engine appeared in 2006 and replaced the T18SED. This motor is not related to the F14D3 and F16D3, but is essentially a copy of the Opel Z18XE. This power plant is known on the market only for Lacetti models.
According to its characteristics in terms of dynamics and fuel consumption, it is no different from the T18SED. Some parts and components of the engine underwent transformations: the timing drive, rollers, belt, oil filter was moved to another place, the pump, the engine received a single ignition module.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Lacetti J200 in 2007 – 2014.
|Start of production
|Power output, hp
|Torque output, Nm
|cast iron R4
|Cylinder bore, mm
|Piston stroke, mm
|Recommended engine oil
|Engine oil capacity, liter
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Lacetti 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km
Disadvantages of the F18D3 engine
- The weak point of this motor is in the electrics, the ECU is especially often buggy;
- In second place are failures in the ignition module, which is also very expensive;
- The most common cause of failures in violation of the temperature regime of operation;
- It is better to change the timing belt more often than the declared 90,000 km, otherwise it bends when the valve breaks;
- You can get rid of floating engine speed by cleaning the throttle.