The 1.4-liter Chevrolet F14D3 or L95 engine was produced in South Korea from 2002 to 2008 and was installed on the most popular models of the GM Korea division, such as Aveo and Lacetti. This power unit shares a number of common parts with the well-known Opel Z14XE.
The F14D3 engine was distinguished by its simplicity and reliability in operation. The engine is equipped with an EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve, which reduces the amount of harmful substances in the outlet gases. The timing drive on the F14D3 is applied by a belt. If the timing belt breaks, the valve bends. There is no need to adjust the valves, hydraulic lifters are installed here.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Aveo T200 in 2002 – 2008;
- Chevrolet Aveo T250 in 2005 – 2008;
- Chevrolet Lacetti J200 in 2004 – 2008.
|Cylinder block alloy
|Number of cylinders
|Valves per cylinder
|Piston stroke, mm
|Cylinder bore, mm
|Power output, hp
|Torque output, Nm / rpm
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Aveo T200 2005)
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km
|up to 600
|Recommended engine oil
|10W-30 / 5W-30
|Engine oil capacity, liter
|Amount of engine oil for replacement, liter
|Oil change interval, km
|Engine lifespan, km
Disadvantages of the F14D3 engine
- The manufacturer incorrectly selected the gap in a pair of bushings and valves, which is why their plates very quickly become covered with a coat of deposits and then stop closing tightly. Sometimes carbon deposits form even on the valve stems and they simply begin to hang.
- According to the regulations, the timing belt here changes every 60,000 km, but it can burst even earlier. On the forums, you can find a lot of stories about a broken belt even at 30,000 km, which in most cases ends with a bend in the valves and a very expensive repair.
- Another common problem with engines of this family is the rapid contamination of the intake manifold and the failure of the system for changing its geometry. However, if you simply turn off the EGR valve, then you will have to clean the manifold much less frequently.
- The weak points of this motor also include short-lived high-voltage wires, a strange thermostat, buggy lambda probes, an oil pump that is always sweating over the gasket, as well as regular oil leaks due to contamination of the crankcase ventilation system.