The 1.5-liter Chevrolet B15D2 or L2C engine has been produced at the Korean plant since 2012 and is installed on a number of budget models of the company, such as Cobalt and Spin. He is also known to many car owners for the Daewoo Gentra sedan.
The B series includes engines: B10S1, B10D1, B12S1, B12D1, B12D2, B15D2.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Cobalt T250 in 2013 – 2015;
- Chevrolet Sail in 2014 – …;
- Chevrolet Spin in 2012 – …;
- Ravon Gentra in 2016 – …;
- Ravon Nexia in 2016 – …;
- Daewoo Gentra in 2013 – 2016.
|Start of production||2012|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||106|
|Torque output, Nm||141|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||74.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.7|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Cobalt 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the B15D2 engine
- This engine has so far shown itself to be quite reliable, without any weaknesses;
- Due to contamination of the throttle valve, the engine speed at idle can float;
- The forums complain about leaks from the front crankshaft oil seal and valve cover;
- The only problem with the engine is the need for frequent valve adjustments.