The 2.5-liter Nissan QR25DD engine was produced from 2001 to 2007 at a factory in Japan and is massively found on only one Primera model in a sedan, as well as a station wagon. This power unit was known as very capricious and very demanding on fuel quality.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Primera 3 (P12) in 2001 – 2007.
|Fuel system||NEO-Di direct injection|
|Power output, hp||170|
|Torque output, Nm||245|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Piston stroke, mm||100|
|Timing drive||two chains|
|Phase regulator||inlet only|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Primera 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the QR25DD engine
- Most complaints about the rapid contamination of injectors or the failure of the high pressure fuel pump;
- Due to the accelerated carbon formation, rings lie down and the oil burn begins;
- There are cases of destruction of the catalyst and stretching of the timing chain even up to 100,000 km;
- The engine does not like low temperatures and in cold winters you can suffer with it;
- Minor problems include thermostat glitches and leaks from under the valve cover.