The 2.0-liter Chevrolet Z20S1 or Z20DM or LMN engine was produced from 2006 to 2011 and was installed on such popular concern models as the Lacetti or Captiva. This diesel engine was developed by the Italian company VM Motori and has its own index RA 420 SOHC 16V.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Captiva C100 in 2006 – 2010;
- Chevrolet Lacetti J200 in 2007 – 2011;
- Opel Antara in 2006 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||121 – 127|
|Torque output, Nm||280 – 300|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Lacetti 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the Z20S1 engine
- Like any modern Common Rail diesel, this unit does not like bad fuel;
- Fuel injectors turned out to be especially sensitive to low-quality diesel fuel;
- The timing belt resource is about 60,000 km, and when it breaks, the valve almost always bends.