The 2.2-liter Chevrolet Z22D1 or LNQ diesel engine has been assembled by the concern since 2010 and is installed only on the Captiva crossover or its clones Opel Antara and Daewoo Winstorm. This power unit is offered in two versions: A22DM for 163 hp, A22DMH for 184 hp.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Captiva C140 in 2011 – 2018;
- Opel Antara A in 2010 – 2017.
|Start of production||2010|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||163 – 184|
|Torque output, Nm||350 – 400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Compression ratio||16.3 – 16.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Captiva 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Z22D1 engine
- This motor has not yet become familiar in car services and therefore there is little information on breakdowns;
- Most often, he is haunted by Common Rail problems typical of a modern diesel engine;
- On specialized forums, several cases of timing chain stretching are described even at low mileage.