The 2.2-liter A22DM engine or Opel Antara 2.2 diesel was produced from 2010 to 2015 and was installed on the updated version of the popular 1st generation Antara crossover. A modification of this engine for the Chevrolet Captiva is known under its index LNQ or Z22D1.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||163|
|Torque output, Nm||350|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||96|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Antara 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Antara A (L07) in 2010 – 2015.
Disadvantages of the Opel A22DM engine
- First of all, the CR Delphi fuel system is very demanding on the quality of diesel fuel.
- The timing chain does not have a long service life; sometimes it is changed at 150,000 km.
- There are versions with a controlled oil pump and they can cause a lot of trouble.
- This pump often jams and drives chips, which are then carried throughout the entire system.
- Problems with the intake manifold, EGR and particulate filter occur in many diesel engines.