The 1.7-liter diesel engine Opel A17DTJ or LPV was produced from 2009 to 2011 at the Polish plant of the concern and was installed on a number of mass models, such as Astra, Zafira. This unit from 2007 to 2009 was produced in EURO 4 modifications under a different index Z17DTJ.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra H (A04) in 2009 – 2010;
- Opel Astra J (P10) in 2009 – 2011;
- Opel Zafira B (A05) in 2009 – 2011.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||110|
|Torque output, Nm||260|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Astra 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the A17DTJ engine
- The use of low-quality antifreeze quickly affects the condition of the motor;
- Most complaints about injector sleeve leaks due to corroded rubber seals;
- For the same reason, the engine heat exchanger gasket shrinks and begins to ooze;
- The timing belt resource is about 150,000 km, the turbine often runs a little longer;
- Enough problems with Denso fuel equipment, particulate filter or EGR valve.