The 2.0-liter turbo engine Opel Z20LET or L70 was produced from 2000 to 2005 in Germany and was installed on the Speedster sports car and OPC versions of such popular models as Astra, Zafira. After the 2005 update, the motor was divided into three modifications: Z20LEL, Z20LER and Z20LEH.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra G (T98) in 2000 – 2005;
- Opel Speedster A (E01) in 2003 – 2005;
- Opel Zafira A (T98) in 2001 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||190 – 200|
|Torque output, Nm||250|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Astra OPC 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the Z20LET engine
- Oil seals are considered the weak point of the engine, they often have to be replaced;
- Also, the exhaust manifold regularly cracks here, but it can usually be welded;
- The timing belt is designed for a run of 60,000 kilometers, when it breaks, the valves bend 100%;
- Minor troubles include regular oil leaks from under the valve cover.