The 1.7-liter Opel Z17DTH or LPZ diesel engine was produced from 2003 to 2010 and was installed on a number of such popular concern models as Astra, Corsa, Combo and Meriva. This unit was equipped with fuel equipment manufactured by both Bosch and Denso.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra H (A04) in 2004 – 2007;
- Opel Combo C (F06) in 2004 – 2010;
- Opel Corsa C (X01) in 2003 – 2006;
- Opel Meriva A (X03) in 2003 – 2005.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||101|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Astra 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the Z17DTH engine
- The most famous engine problem in the leakage of rubber injector sleeve seals;
- Sometimes these sleeves, as well as the heat exchanger, corrode low-quality antifreeze;
- In second place are all kinds of breakdowns in the Common Rail fuel system;
- The turbine often fails in the range of 150 – 250 thousand kilometers;
- As with any diesel engine, the diesel particulate filter and EGR valve require regular cleaning.