The 1.3-liter Opel Z13DTH or L4I diesel engine was produced from 2005 to 2010 at a Polish plant and was installed on two, but very popular models of the company: Astra and Corsa. This power unit, in essence, was one of the varieties of the Fiat 199A3000 diesel engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra H (A04) in 2005 – 2010;
- Opel Corsa D (S07) in 2006 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||90|
|Torque output, Nm||200|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||69.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Astra 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the Z13DTH engine
- A drop in the oil level here often leads to a chain jump and breakage of the rockers;
- The timing chain itself, and especially its hydraulic tensioner, have a very modest resource;
- Due to pollution, the EGR valve sticks and the engine stalls immediately after starting;
- Also, the motor is very afraid of a low level of antifreeze, and the thermostat often leaks;
- When the diesel particulate filter burns, fuel enters the lubricant and it needs to be replaced.