The 1.2-liter Opel Z12XE or LW4 engine was assembled from 2000 to 2004 at a plant in Austria and installed only on the most popular models of the concern, such as Astra, Corsa and Agila. Until 2000, there was a Euro 2 version of this power unit under the X12XE index.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Agila A (H00) in 2000 – 2003;
- Opel Astra G (T98) in 2000 – 2004;
- Opel Corsa C (X01) in 2000 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||75|
|Torque output, Nm||110|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||72.6|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Astra 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
Disadvantages of the Z12XE engine
- The main problems of the motor are associated with electrical glitches, usually the ECU unit fails;
- The timing chain rarely goes more than 100 thousand km, and then stretches and starts to rattle;
- Quite often, the EGR valve is clogged with soot and the exhaust manifold is cracking;
- The thermostat, as well as the oil pump, do not have the greatest resource here;
- The use of low-quality oils quickly affects the condition of hydraulic lifters.