The 1.9-liter Opel Z19DTH or LRD diesel engine was produced from 2004 to 2010 at an enterprise in Germany and was installed on such concern models as Astra, Vectra and Zafira. This 16-valve engine was created by Fiat and was installed on Saab as the D207L.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra H (A04) in 2004 – 2010;
- Opel Signum A (Z03) in 2004 – 2008;
- Opel Vectra C (Z02) in 2004 – 2008;
- Opel Zafira B (A05) in 2005 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Zafira 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Z19DTH engine
- The weak point of this unit is the intake manifold swirl flaps;
- They wear out quickly and start to close at random or fall off altogether;
- There are few problems with the fuel system, often only the metering valve worries;
- From pollution, the blades of changing the geometry of the turbine or the EGR valve can wedge;
- In the area of the 4th cylinder, the exhaust manifold often cracks or deforms.