The 1.3-liter Toyota 8A-FE gasoline engine has been assembled in Tianjin since 1998 and is installed both on models of the Japanese concern and on cars of Chinese companies. Such a unit on Lifan cars is known as LF479Q3, and on Geely under the index MR479Q.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Vios 1 (XP40) in 2002 – 2006.
|Production years||since 1998|
|Power output, hp||85|
|Torque output, Nm||110 – 120|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||78.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||69|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Vios 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the 8A-FE engine
- First of all, this motor often suffers from poor-quality assembly and components.
- In second place is lubricant consumption, which may appear even up to 100 thousand km.
- The culprit of the floating engine speed is usually the contamination of the injectors and throttle.
- The weaknesses of the engine also include sensors and components of the ignition system.
- Hydraulic compensators are not provided and the valves need to be adjusted periodically.