The 7A-FE engine was produced from 1990 to 2002. The first generation built for Canada had 115 hp at 5600 rpm and 149 Nm at 2800 rpm. From 1995 to 1997, a special version for the United States was produced, the power of which was 105 hp at 5200 rpm and 159 Nm at 2800 rpm. Indonesian and Russian versions of the engine are the most powerful.
Deeside Engine Plant
Tianjin FAW Toyota Engine’s Plant No. 1
|Also called||Toyota 7A|
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.5|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Power output, hp||105/5200
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||159/2800
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Corona T210)
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30 / 10W-30 / 15W-40 / 20W-50|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.7|
|Oil change interval, km||10000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||—|
|Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- Increased burnout of gasoline. The lambda probe does not function. An urgent replacement is required. If spark plugs, dark outlet and shaking at idle appear, the MAP sensor needs to be corrected.
- Vibration and excessive consumption of gasoline. The nozzles need to be cleaned.
- Speed problems. Need diagnostics of the valve at idle speed, as well as clean the throttle valve and check the sensor of its location.
- There is no start of the motor when the speed is out of order. The unit heating sensor is to blame.
- Instability of the speed. It is necessary to clean the throttle valve block, KXX, spark plugs, crankcase valves and injectors.
- Engine stalls regularly. Defective fuel filter, distributor or fuel pump.
- Increased oil consumption over a liter per 1,000 km. The rings and valve stem seals need to be replaced.
- Knocking on the motor. The reason is loose piston pins. It is necessary to adjust the valve clearances every 100 thousand kilometers.
On average, 7A is a good unit (in addition to the Lean Burn version) with a mileage of up to 300 thousand km.