The 1.7-liter diesel engine Opel A17DTR or LPL was produced from 2009 to 2012 at the concern’s enterprise in Poland and was installed on such popular models as Zafira, Astra. This power unit was produced from 2006 to 2010 in the EURO 4 version under the symbol Z17DTR.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra H (A04) in 2009 – 2010;
- Opel Astra J (P10) in 2009 – 2012;
- Opel Zafira B (A05) in 2009 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Zafira 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~340 000|
Disadvantages of the A17DTR engine
- Most of all, this diesel engine is afraid of low-quality coolant;
- Antifreeze corrodes the nozzle sleeves, the heat exchanger gasket and leaks begin;
- Many owners were forced to replace the turbine on a run of 150 – 200 thousand km;
- Regular maintenance, as always, requires a particulate filter, as well as an EGR valve;
- Other problems are related to Denso’s reliable but expensive fuel system to repair.