The 1.3-liter Opel A13DTE or LSF diesel engine was produced from 2009 to 2017 at a joint venture between General Motors and Fiat in the Polish town of Bielsko-Biala. This power unit is essentially an updated version of the famous Z13DTH diesel engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Opel Astra J (P10) in 2009 – 2013;
- Opel Combo D (X12) in 2012 – 2016;
- Opel Corsa D (S07) in 2009 – 2014;
- Opel Meriva B (S10) in 2010 – 2017.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||90 – 95|
|Torque output, Nm||180 – 200|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||69.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Opel Astra 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the A13DTE engine
- This diesel engine is afraid of the cold and its operation is difficult in frosty winter;
- The timing chain mechanism has a modest resource and is afraid of a drop in oil level;
- Dirty EGR valve here leads to the fact that the engine stalls immediately after the start;
- Thermostat leaks are common and are the main cause of overheating;
- When the particulate filter burns, diesel fuel enters the oil and has to be changed.