The 1.8-liter Mitsubishi 4N13 diesel engine was produced by the concern from 2010 to 2015 and was installed only on European versions of the rather popular Lancer and ASX models. For corporate customers, they offered a derated modification with 116 hp.
The 4N1 family also includes engines: 4N14 and 4N15.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi ASX in 2010 – 2015;
- Mitsubishi Lancer in 2010 – 2013.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi ASX 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4N13 engine
- The main problems of the motor are associated with contamination of the particulate filter and the EGR valve;
- During the burning of the soot, a small amount of diesel fuel sometimes gets into the oil;
- Some owners had to replace the timing chain on runs less than 100,000 km;
- Every 45 thousand km you will find a valve adjustment procedure with the removal of injectors.