The 1.6-liter Mitsubishi 4A92 engine has been assembled at the factories of the Japanese company since 2010 and is installed both on its ASX and Lancer models, and on numerous Chinese cars. The power units of this line were created in collaboration with the Daimler-Chrysler concern.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi ASX GA since 2010;
- Mitsubishi Lancer CY in 2011 – 2017.
|Production years||since 2010|
|Power output, hp||117|
|Torque output, Nm||154|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi ASX 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4A92 engine
- Most often, owners complain about the oil burner due to the wear of rings or caps;
- Oil starvation greatly reduces the resource of the connecting rod and piston group of the motor;
- Some components of the ignition system have low reliability here;
- After 100 thousand km, there are leaks of the crankshaft oil seal and stretching of the timing chain;
- Hydraulic compensators are not provided and valve clearances have to be adjusted.