The 1.3-liter Mitsubishi 4A90 gasoline engine has been produced by the Japanese concern since 2004. They installed it on the sixth generation Colt, Smart Forfour, and in 2012 they gave it to the Chinese. This power unit was developed in cooperation with the well-known company Daimler-Chrysler.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Colt Z30 in 2004 – 2013;
- Smart Forfour in 2004 – 2006;
- Haima 2 Qiubite in 2011 – 2015;
- Zotye Z200 in 2008 – 2016.
|Production years||since 2004|
|Power output, hp||95|
|Torque output, Nm||125|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||75.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Colt 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4A90 engine
- Most often, on specialized forums, they complain about an oil burner, which can start with low mileage.
- The reason for oil consumption here is usually in the occurrence of rings or wear of caps.
- Prolonged oil starvation often ends with the liners turning.
- Minor problems boil down to ignition system failures and throttle fouling.
- Due to the lack of hydraulic lifters, every 50 thousand km it is necessary to adjust the valves.