The 1.5-liter Mitsubishi 4G15T or 1.5 Mivec Turbo engine was produced from 2004 to 2013 and was installed on charged versions of the Colt CZT and Ralliart models, as well as the Smart Forfour Brabus. According to the nomenclature of the Daimler-Chrysler concern, such a power unit is known as the Mercedes M122.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Colt 6 (Z30) in 2004 – 2013;
- Smart Forfour 1 (W454) in 2005 – 2006.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||147 – 177|
|Torque output, Nm||210 – 230|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Colt CZT 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
|Weight, kg||145 (with attachments)|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4G15T engine
- For a turbo engine, this unit is very reliable and does not cause very many problems;
- Most complaints about the vagaries of the electric choke, but cleaning and calibration helps;
- After 100,000 km, an oil burner is often found due to the wear of rings or caps;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, as when it breaks, the valves usually bend;
- Weaknesses include short-lived ignition coils, thermostat and engine mounts.