The 1.8-liter gasoline Mitsubishi 4J10 has been produced at a plant in Japan since 2012 and is installed on the popular ASX crossover and some varieties of the Lancer X model. This unit is distinguished from the 4B10 by a new cylinder head with a single 16-valve camshaft and VVL system.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi ASX GA since 2013;
- Mitsubishi Lancer CY since 2012.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||172|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||77.4|
|Phase regulator||MIVEC 2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi ASX 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4J10 engine
- On specialized forums, reviews about this unit are mostly positive.
- The main complaints of the owners are related to different noises or vibrations of the motor.
- Modern MIVEC and VVL systems are demanding on the quality of the oil used.
- There are no hydraulic lifters, you will have to adjust the valve clearances every 50,000 km.