The 2.0-liter gasoline Mitsubishi 4J11 has been produced by the Japanese concern only since 2012 and is installed only on two of its models: the Outlander crossover and the Delica minibus. This motor differs from the 4B11 in a new head with VVL and one 16-valve camshaft.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Outlander GF since 2012;
- Mitsubishi Delica D:5 since 2012.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Power output, hp||150 – 166|
|Torque output, Nm||195 – 201|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Phase regulator||MIVEC 2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Delica 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4J11 engine
- On specialized forums, this power unit responds very positively;
- Most owners are only worried about extraneous noise or vibration in operation;
- The sophisticated MIVEC phase control system with VVL is demanding on oil quality;
- Once every 50 thousand km, you need to adjust the valve clearances by selecting cups.