The 2.4-liter Mitsubishi 4J12 gasoline engine has been produced at the concern’s enterprise since 2013 and is installed on the European, Chinese or American versions of the Outlander crossover. This power unit is distinguished from the 4B12 by a new cylinder head with VVL and one 16-valve camshaft.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Outlander GF since 2013.
|Production years||since 2013|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||168|
|Torque output, Nm||220|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||97|
|Phase regulator||MIVEC 2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Outlander 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 4J12 engine
- On specialized forums, this motor has a relatively good reputation;
- Most complaints are related to noisy engine operation or strong vibrations;
- The new MIVEC phase regulators and the VVL system are very demanding on oil quality;
- Approximately once every 50 thousand km, it is necessary to adjust the thermal clearances of the valves.