The Chrysler EJD 1.6-liter gasoline engine was produced in Brazil from 2000 to 2010 and was installed in two of the company’s models for the European automotive market: the PT Cruiser and the Neon. This Tritec motor is also known for the Mini small cars and the Chinese like Lifan 520.
Only this unit belongs to the Tritec engine series.
The engine was installed on:
- Chrysler Neon 2 (PL) in 2000 – 2004;
- Chrysler PT Cruiser 1 (PT) in 2000 – 2010.
|Power output, hp||116|
|Torque output, Nm||157|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chrysler Neon 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the EJD engine
- The weak point of the internal combustion engine is the fuel pump, it is often changed even up to 100 thousand km;
- Bad fuel quickly clogs the injectors and the rail pressure regulator;
- A lot of problems are thrown by the electronic choke, or rather its connectors and contacts;
- Closer to 200,000 km, the timing chain may already stretch and the rollers on the rockers will wear out;
- The original expansion tank often bursts at the seam and it is better to buy an analogue.