The 2.0-liter Chevrolet Z20D1 or LNP diesel engine was produced from 2010 to 2015 and was installed on many popular concern models, such as the Cruze, Orlando and Malibu. There was a modification of this power unit derated to 131 hp and 315 Nm.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Cruze 1 (J300) in 2011 – 2014;
- Chevrolet Malibu 1 in 2011 – 2015;
- Chevrolet Orlando J309 in 2011 – 2014.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||163|
|Torque output, Nm||350 – 360|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Orlando 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the Z20D1 engine
- The unit is sensitive to the quality of diesel fuel and after 100,000 km it often starts to mope;
- The main problems, as always, with fuel equipment, as well as a particulate filter;
- On a run of 150,000 km, there were cases of turbine failure and timing chain stretching.