The 2.0-liter Chevrolet Z20S or Z20DMH or LLW engine was produced from 2006 to 2011 and was installed on many popular models of the company, such as Captiva, Epica or Cruze. This power unit is essentially a VM Motori RA 420 SOHC 16V diesel engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Captiva C100 in 2006 – 2011;
- Chevrolet Cruze 1 (J300) in 2009 – 2010;
- Chevrolet Epica V250 in 2007 – 2011;
- Opel Antara in 2007 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Captiva 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~380 000|
Disadvantages of the Z20S engine
- This engine is not considered problematic, on specialized forums it is more often praised than scolded;
- Like any modern common rail diesel, this one also does not like bad diesel fuel;
- The weakest point of the fuel equipment is most often the injectors;
- The timing belt has a small resource of 50 – 60 thousand km, and when it breaks, the valve bends.