The 1NZ engine belongs to a series of long-acting engines with a small volume, designed for Toyota cars of a small class. They began to produce motors of this series in 1997, but even now they are successfully used in modern car models. The NZ motor is a 4-cylinder power unit with straight cylinders. The cylinder block and head are made of aluminum alloys, liners are made with thin cast iron walls, open-type cooling.
|Also called||Toyota 1NZ|
|Cylinder block alloy||aluminum|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||84.7|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Power output, hp||74/4800
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||111/3600
|Euro standards||Euro 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30 / 10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.7|
|Oil change interval, km||10000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||~90||Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- Fast oil consumption. For the Toyota 1NZ engine, the period of the onset of oil overconsumption is characteristic, as a rule, when the mileage is exceeded in 150 thousand km. Therefore, when a problem is found, decarbonization must be done. Replacing the valve stem seals and rings will also help.
- Extraneous noise in the motor. First of all, the phenomenon can be caused by the relaxation of the timing chain. It needs to be changed when the vehicle’s mileage exceeds the mark of one hundred fifty – two hundred thousand km. Also check the tensioner and damper.
- Variable idle speed. It is necessary to clean the BDZ unit, as well as the detector and valve of the idle system.
- Whistling sounds of a running unit. The problem is related to the cracking of the alternator belt. It needs to be replaced.
- Motor vibration appears. Troubleshooting according to the classic scheme: check the front engine mount, clean the injectors, replace the fuel filter.
To the list can be added the frequent failure of the oil pressure detector, leakage of the rear oil seal of the crankshaft and the non-repairability of the cylinder block.