The 2.5-liter Nissan TD25 diesel engine was assembled from 1985 to 2015 and was primarily intended for taxi cars, but is found on Caravan minibuses and pickup trucks. This power unit is known for its high reliability and a really huge resource.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Caravan E24 in 1986 – 2001;
- Nissan Cedric 7 (Y31) in 1990 – 2015;
- Nissan Homy E24 in 1986 – 2001;
- Nissan Navara 1 (D21) in 1985 – 1997.
|Fuel system||vortex chamber|
|Power output, hp||75 – 80|
|Torque output, Nm||160 – 170|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 1/2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Cedric 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~450 000|
Disadvantages of the TD25 engine
- Due to the fault of the timing gear drive, the power unit is prone to noise and vibration;
- The gears gradually wear out and by 200,000 km the phases begin to go astray in the timing;
- Somewhere on the same mileage, pump leaks appear from the gear block gasket;
- On the electrical side, only the crankshaft position and oil pressure sensor are buggy;
- Detonation due to bad fuel destroys the jumpers between the vortex chambers in the cylinder head.