The 2.7-liter Nissan TD27ETi diesel engine was produced by the company from 1995 to 2001 and was installed on the popular Pathfinder and Terrano SUVs, as well as the Caravan minibus. The power unit stands out in its family by the presence of an electronically controlled high pressure fuel pump.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Caravan E24 in 1995 – 2001;
- Nissan Mistral R20 in 1996 – 1999;
- Nissan Pathfinder 2 (R50) in 1995 – 1999;
- Nissan Terrano II (R20) in 1996 – 1999.
|Fuel system||vortex chamber|
|Power output, hp||130|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||96|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Pathfinder 1998)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the TD27ETi engine
- All the most common breakdowns of this diesel engine are somehow connected with the high pressure fuel pump;
- With floating engine speeds and thrust failures, cleaning the positioner usually helps;
- Also, periodically cleaning of all meshes and filters of the fuel system is required;
- Many problems are caused by glitches in the crankshaft position sensor and air flow;
- Another weak point is the corrugation from the air filter to the turbine.