The Mercedes M111 E22 engine is a 2.2 liter petrol engine with 150 hp. E22 was installed from 1992 to 2000 on Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Mercedes-Benz E-Class. This very reliable German engine has an impressive resource up to 500 thousand kilometers.
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||210|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||86.6|
|Phase regulator||at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mercedes C220 1999)
|Engine lifespan, km||~430 000|
Disadvantages of the M111 E22 engine
- Most of all, grease leaks will cause you problems, and their number grows with mileage.
- The mass air flow sensor has a modest resource; if it breaks, fuel consumption increases.
- Up to 100,000 kilometers, the water pump almost always starts to leak in the engine.
- From 100 to 200 thousand km, piston skirts often wear out or the exhaust cracks.
- After 200 – 250 thousand km, the oil pump or timing chain drive already requires attention.