The 1.5-liter 16-valve Kia S5D engine was produced in South Korea from 2000 to 2004 and was installed on the Asian version of the Spectra model, a similar A5D was installed on the first Rio. This motor was a hybrid of two Mazda units: a block from a Z5-DE, a head from a B5-DE.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||95 – 108|
|Torque output, Nm||132 – 136|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Kia Spectra 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Kia Spectra 1 (SD) in 2000 – 2004.
Disadvantages of the Kia S5D engine
- This is a reliable motor, and many problems here are associated with the quality of components<;/li>
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, it runs a little, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Savings in oil often leads to the wedge of the reducing valve of the oil pump;
- After 200 thousand km, butter often occurs due to the fault of wear of rings and caps;
- The weak places of the engine include a short -lived ignition coil and its wiring.