Honda’s J30A 3.0-liter V6 engine was produced at the US plant from 1997 to 2007 and was installed in a number of popular models of the company, such as the Accord and the Odyssey minivan. After a slight modernization, this unit went to conquer the Chinese market as the J30Y1.
The engine was installed on:
- Acura CL 1 (YA) in 1996 – 1999;
- Acura RDX (China) under the index J30Y1;
- Honda Accord 6 USA (CG) in 1997 – 2002;
- Honda Accord 7 USA (CM) in 2002 – 2007;
- Honda Avancier 1 (TG) in 1999 – 2003;
- Honda Inspire 4 (UC) in 2003 – 2007;
- Honda Odyssey 1 (RA) in 1997 – 1999;
- Honda Odyssey 2 (RA6) in 1999 – 2003.
|Power output, hp||200 – 210 (base J30A1)
240 – 245 (powerful J30A4, J30A5)
|Torque output, Nm||265 – 270 (base J30A1)
280 – 285 (powerful J30A4, J30A5)
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Compression ratio||9.4 (base J30A1)
10.0 (powerful J30A4, J30A5)
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Honda Odyssey 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~375 000|
Disadvantages of the Honda J30A engine
- All engines of this series are famous for their reliability and unpretentious maintenance.
- If you miss the drop in oil level, camshafts may suffer.
- The reason for the unstable operation of the motor is usually the contamination of the throttle and nozzles.
- From bad fuel, the catalyst quickly clogs and traction dips appear.
- Once every 50,000 km, you need to adjust the valves, every 100,000 km, change the timing belt.
J30A Engine Repair Parts List
|Full name of the part||Part code|
|Piston rings Honda J30A4 d86.00 STD 1.2-1.2-2.8 (13011-RCA-A01) TP||32403-STD|
|Valve cap inlet Honda color code “white” (12210-P45-G01) Elring (Inlet 5,5 x 11/13×10 /ACM PR color code “white”)||130.560|
|Oil scraper cap (exhaust. 5,5 x 11/13×10 HONDA /ACM. Black spring)||130.860|
|Valve stem seals (130.860+130.560) (set 16 things (130.860+130.560) Black spring = exhaust, White spring = inlet)||084.300|
|Stuffing box 80x98x10/7.7 (614 830) Elring (80x98x10 A/BS F LD FPM)||590.797|
|Spark plug DOUBLE COPPER (RC9MCC4) Champion (RC9MCC4)||OE089 /T10|
|Sealant kit: Dirko HT + Dirko S + Curil T Elring (20 ml Curil T+ 20 ml Dirko S + 20 ml Dirko HT)||447.201|