The Dodge ECH or Magnum 2.0 2.0-liter gasoline engine was built from 1999 to 2004 and was installed in sports versions of the popular Neon model, such as R / T or ACR. This motor was distinguished from the ECB unit by the presence of an intake manifold with variable geometry.
The engine was installed on:
- Dodge Neon 2 (PL) in 1999 – 2004.
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||183|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Dodge Neon 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~260 000|
Disadvantages of the ECH engine
- This is a rare engine that was installed only on sports versions of the Neon model;
- The most problems here are in the cooling system: the hoses and the thermostat are cracking;
- Therefore, the most common breakdown is overheating with gasket breakdown and cylinder head warping;
- At high mileage, grease leaks from oil seals or oil burners are often encountered;
- The timing belt resource is about 100,000 km, and when the valve breaks, it usually bends.