The 2.4-liter Dodge EDV turbo engine was produced at the concern’s factories from 2002 to 2009 and was installed on charged versions of a number of models, such as the PT Cruiser GT or Neon SRT-4. There was a slightly deformed version of this power unit under the EDT index.
The engine was installed on:
- Chrysler PT Cruiser 1 (PT) in 2002 – 2009;
- Dodge Neon 2 (PL) in 2002 – 2005.
|Power output, hp||215 – 235|
|Torque output, Nm||330 – 340|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||101|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Dodge Neon 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the EDV engine
- The main thing is to monitor the cooling system, as this motor often overheats;
- In addition, antifreeze leaks regularly occur here, which aggravates the situation;
- The timing belt needs to be replaced every 100,000 km, or if it breaks, the valve will bend;
- From bad gasoline, fuel injectors quickly become clogged and require flushing;
- Already after 100 – 150 thousand kilometers, a decent oil consumption may appear.