The 0.9-liter 2-cylinder Fiat 312A2000 or 0.9 TwinAir engine has been assembled since 2010 and is installed on such popular models of the Italian concern as 500C, Panda and Punto. Such a power unit can be found under the hood of Lancia Ypsilon and Alfa Romeo MiTo cars.
The TwinAir line also includes: 199B6000.
|Production years||since 2010|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||85|
|Torque output, Nm||145|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R2|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Fiat 500C 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Alfa Romeo MiTo I (Type 955) in 2011 – 2013;
- Fiat 500 II (312) since 2010;
- Fiat 500C II (312) since 2010;
- Fiat 500L II (351) in 2013 – 2018;
- Fiat Panda III (319) since 2012;
- Fiat Punto IV (199) in 2012 – 2013;
- Lancia Ypsilon II (846) since 2011.
Disadvantages of the Fiat 312A2000 engine
- Most of the problems with this engine are due to malfunctions in the MultiAir system;
- The timing chain is distinguished by a modest resource here, sometimes it is less than 100,000 km;
- Saving on lubrication often leads to the failure of an expensive turbocharger;
- The motor uses a number of expensive parts such as an adjustable pump and thermostat.