The 3.2-liter Nissan QD32 diesel engine was produced from 1995 to 2007 and was installed on commercial vehicles, it is also known for the Caravan minibus and D22 pickups. In total, there were five versions of the motor: QD321, QD322, QD323, QD324 and QD325, respectively.
The QD series also includes internal combustion engines: QD32ETi.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Caravan E24 in 1996 – 2001;
- Nissan Navara 2 (D22) in 1997 – 2002.
|Fuel system||vortex chamber|
|Power output, hp||100 – 110|
|Torque output, Nm||210 – 220|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||99.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||102|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Caravan 1997)
|Engine lifespan, km||~450 000|
Disadvantages of the QD32 engine
- The motor is very reliable, but the noise and vibration from the timing gear drive is annoying;
- The most common problem with this diesel is floating idle;
- Next come the failures of various sensors, most often due to damage to their wiring;
- Like many old diesel units, this one suffers from traction failures in cold weather.