The 3.2-liter Nissan QD32ETi diesel engine was produced from 1995 to 2000 in Japan and was installed on the Elgrand minibus or Terrano SUV, including the Regulus version. This very reliable unit is regularly used for swap instead of modern motors.
The QD series also includes internal combustion engines: QD32.
The engine was installed on:
- Nissan Terrano 2 (R50) in 1995 – 1999;
- Nissan Elgrand 1 (E50) in 1997 – 1999.
|Start of production Production years||1995-2000|
|Fuel system||vortex chamber|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||340|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||99.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||102|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Nissan Terrano 1998)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the QD32ETi engine
- This engine is very noisy and vibration-loaded due to the timing gear drive;
- People complain about floating speed due to the fault of one of the sensors or its wiring;
- This diesel engine has problems with starting or traction failures in severe frosts;
- In all other respects, this is a very reliable motor with a resource of more than 400,000 km.