The 3.0-liter diesel V6 Jeep EXL or 3.0 CRD engine was produced from 2005 to 2010 and was installed in the Chrysler 300 sedan and the popular SUV Grand Cherokee, Commander. Such a diesel engine was supplied by Daimler AG and has its own index OM 642 DE 30 LA.
The engine was installed on:
- Chrysler 300C 1 (LX) in 2005 – 2010;
- Jeep Commander 1 (XK) in 2006 – 2010;
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 3 (WK) in 2005 – 2010.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||218|
|Torque output, Nm||510|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jeep Grand Cherokee 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the EXL engine
- The main problems are related to the fuel system and capricious piezo injectors;
- Also in this diesel engine, the intake manifold flaps are often dirty and wedge;
- The motor is famous for numerous leaks, usually by 100,000 km it is already covered in oil;
- And the heat exchanger flows especially strongly, because of which the liners can lift up;
- The turbine runs for a short time, it is spoiled by crumbs from a cracking exhaust manifold.