The 2.2-liter Chrysler EDJ or 2.2 CRD diesel engine was produced from 2002 to 2009 and was installed on the European version of the PT Cruiser, until 2005 it developed 121 hp, and after 150 hp. This Daimler AG diesel engine has its own OM 644 index and is a variation of the OM 646.
The engine was installed on:
- Chrysler PT Cruiser 1 (PT) in 2002 – 2009.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||121 – 150|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||88.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chrysler PT Cruiser 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the EDJ engine
- Due to the dense engine compartment, engine maintenance is extremely difficult;
- The main problems of this diesel engine are associated with malfunctions of the fuel equipment;
- The flaps for changing the geometry of the intake manifold are also getting dirty and wedged;
- Sometimes, due to drying out of quick-connect fittings, the system can become airy;
- Also, the pressure sensor in the fuel rail and the crankshaft position often fail.