The 2.7-liter R5 diesel engine Jeep ENF or 2.7 CRD was produced from 2002 to 2005 and was installed only on European modifications of the WJ Grand Cherokee SUV. This diesel was produced by Daimler AG and had its own index OM 612 DE 27 LA.
The engine was installed on:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 (WJ) in 2002 – 2005.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||163|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||88.3|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jeep Grand Cherokee 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the ENF engine
- A known problem is the coking of nozzles and their difficult dismantling;
- The reason is the use of old refractory washers and bolts in their maintenance;
- Also, diesel engines of this series are famous for accelerated wear of camshafts;
- The resource of the timing chain and its sprockets is small and is about 200 thousand kilometers;
- Also here, the wiring of the injectors and the boost pressure sensor very often burns out.