The 2.2-liter R4 diesel engine Jeep ENE or 2.2 CRD was produced from 2010 to 2015 and was installed on European versions of such well-known models as Caliber, Patriot and Compass. This diesel engine from Daimler AG on a car from Mercedes is known under the index OM 651 DE 22 LA.
The Mercedes series also includes internal combustion engines: EDJ, ENF and EXL.
The engine was installed on:
- Dodge Caliber 1 (PM) in 2010 – 2011;
- Jeep Compass 1 (MK) in 2011 – 2015;
- Jeep Patriot 1 (MK) in 2010 – 2011.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||136 – 163|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||99|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jeep Compass 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the ENE engine
- There was a revocable company to replace Delphi piezo injectors on engines of the first years;
- Another weak point of the fuel system is the metering valve in the rail;
- The variable displacement oil pump may fail, which is dangerous for the motor;
- The search for air leaks should start with the intake manifold, it often cracks;
- Also, this diesel engine regularly suffers from antifreeze leaks from the thermostat and pumps.