The 3.0-liter V6 Jeep EHD engine has been produced by the American company since 2014 and is installed in the large WK2 Grand Cherokee for some markets. This power unit is also installed on the Chinese versions of the Wrangler SUV or the 300C sedan.
The engine was installed on:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 (WK2) in 2014 – ….
|Power output, hp||235|
|Torque output, Nm||295|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||91|
|Piston stroke, mm||76|
|Phase regulator||Dual VVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the EHD engine
- The most frequently complained about the rapid failure of the phase shifters;
- Next in the number of complaints from owners are regular leaks from the oil cooler;
- The weak point of the start-stop system of the internal combustion engine is the electric motor of the vacuum pump;
- The use of the wrong oil often leads to wear on the camshaft lobes;
- Not the highest resource also have: thermostat, pump and oil pump.