The 1.0-liter 3-cylinder Suzuki K10V engine was produced by the concern from 2008 to 2020 and was installed on models such as Splash, Celerio, and also Alto and the similar Nissan Pixo. In 2014, an updated version of the engine with a compression ratio of 11 appeared, it is called K-Next.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||68|
|Torque output, Nm||90|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73|
|Piston stroke, mm||79.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Suzuki Splash 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Suzuki Alto 7 (GF) in 2008 – 2015;
- Suzuki Celerio 1 (FE) in 2014 – 2020;
- Suzuki Splash 1 (EX) in 2008 – 2014;
- Nissan Pixo 1 (UA0) in 2009 – 2013.
Disadvantages of the Suzuki K10B engine
- This is a simple and reliable engine that, with proper care, lasts up to 250,000 km;
- Monitor the condition of the cooling system, the aluminum engine does not tolerate overheating;
- Rarely, but cases of stretching of the timing chain were recorded on a run of about 150 thousand km;
- Also, sensors periodically fail and lubricant leaks through the seals;
- After 200,000 km, rings usually already lie down and a small oil consumption appears.