The 0.8-liter Renault B4A or 0.8 SCe engine has been produced at a plant in India since 2015 and is installed on budget models built on the CMF-A platform, such as Kwid or Datsun redi-GO. According to the nomenclature of the Nissan concern, such a power unit is known under its index BR08DE.
The SCe line: B4A, B4D, H4D, H4M, M4R, M5R, 2TR, V4U, V4Y.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||54|
|Torque output, Nm||72|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||69|
|Piston stroke, mm||71.2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Renault Kwid 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Renault Kwid 1 (BW) since 2015;
- Datsun redi-Go 1 (CD0) since 2016 (as BR08DE).
Disadvantages of the Renault B4A engine
- On specialized forums, the engine is mostly praised, no weaknesses were found;
- The main thing is to monitor the cooling system, all aluminum engines are afraid of overheating;
- Since there are no hydraulic lifters, the valves will have to be adjusted every 100,000 km;
- However, the main problem is the lack of spare parts, there are only consumables.