The 2.0-liter 16-valve Renault M5R engine has been produced at the concern’s factory since 2016 and is installed on the second generation of the Koleos crossover and a number of Korean models such as SM6 or QM6. This power unit with direct fuel injection is a clone of the Nissan MR20DD engine.
The SCe line: B4A, B4D, H4D, H4M, M4R, M5R, 2TR, V4U, V4Y.
|Production years||since 2016|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||144 – 154|
|Torque output, Nm||200 – 205|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.1|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Renault Koleos 2018)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Renault Koleos 2 (HC) in 2016 – 2020;
- Samsung QM6 I (HZG) since 2016;
- Samsung SM6 I (LFD) since 2016.
Disadvantages of the Renault M5R engine
- Like all direct injection engines, it suffers from carbon deposits on the intake valves.
- The timing chain does not have a long resource, sometimes it needs to be replaced by 150,000 km.
- Usually oil scraper rings lie on the same run and an oil burner appears.
- You also need to be careful when tightening the candles, the cylinder head cracks very easily.