The 1.6-liter Peugeot EP6FADTR or EGX engine was produced in Duvrin from 2018 to 2020 and was installed on the 308 GTi version under the PureTech 263 index in combination with a 6-speed manual transmission. This power unit is essentially a slightly updated modification of the EP6FDTR motor.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||263|
|Torque output, Nm||340|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Phase regulator||on all shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 308 GTi 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 308 II (T9) in 2018 – 2020.
Disadvantages of the EP6FADTR engine
- So far, the bulk of complaints here are related to electrical failures or oil leaks.
- The timing chain does not have a large resource either, sometimes it stretches up to 100,000 km.
- Due to direct fuel injection, the intake valves are very quickly overgrown with soot.
- The predecessor of this unit often suffered from an oil burner, let’s see how it will be here.