The 1.6-liter Peugeot EP6FADTXD or 5GF engine was produced in Duvrin from 2018 to 2022 and was installed on models such as 508, DS4, DS7, C5 Aircross in combination with an 8-speed ATN8 automatic transmission. There was a separate modification of this motor for the E-Tense hybrid power plant.
4th gen of the Prince family: EP6FADTX, EP6FADTXD, EP6FADTR.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||181|
|Torque output, Nm||350|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||77|
|Piston stroke, mm||85.8|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 3008 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Citroen C5 Aircross I (C84) in 2019 – 2021;
- DS DS4 II (D41) in 2021 – 2022;
- DS DS7 I (X74) in 2018 – 2022;
- Opel Grandland X (A18) in 2018 – 2021;
- Peugeot 508 II (R8) in 2018 – 2021;
- Peugeot 3008 II (P84) in 2018 – 2021;
- Peugeot 5008 II (P87) in 2018 – 2022.
Disadvantages of the EP6FADTXD engine
- Some owners of the first engines replaced the wiring harness and fuel pump under warranty.
- Due to the aggressive operation of the Start-Stop system, the chain can stretch up to 100,000 km.
- There is only direct fuel injection here and the intake valves are quickly overgrown with soot.
- All other problems are related to electrical failures and are treated by flashing.