The 2.0-liter Ford FMBA or 2.0 TDCi Duratorq engine was produced from 2002 to 2007 and was installed on the third generation of the very popular Mondeo model. This unit was disliked due to the vagaries of the Delphi Common Rail fuel system.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 in 2002 – 2007.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||130|
|Torque output, Nm||330|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the FMBA engine
- The main problems of the engine are associated with the vagaries of the Delphi Common Rail system;
- Any impurities in the fuel lead to wear of the pump shaft and clogging of the injectors;
- The weak point of the cylinder-piston group is the upper head of the connecting rod;
- The timing chain mechanism may require replacement by 150 – 200 thousand kilometers;
- Not reliable and auxiliary equipment, especially the generator.