The 2.5-liter Peugeot DK5ATE or THY diesel engine was produced from 1994 to 2000 and was installed only on two flagship models of the French concern Peugeot 605 and Citroen XM. This power unit is essentially a modification of the commercial DJ5TED motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Peugeot 605 I (Y30) in 1994 – 1999;
- Citroen XM I (Y3/Y4) in 1994 – 2000.
|Power output, hp||129|
|Torque output, Nm||285|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 1/2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Peugeot 605 1997)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the DK5ATE engine
- This diesel engine is considered quite capricious and, moreover, very difficult to repair;
- His main problem is the cracking of the cylinder head from any overheating;
- Non-original oil quickly affects the operation of the turbine and hydraulic lifters;
- On runs over 300 thousand km, the prechambers can crack and fall out into the cylinders;
- Most of the spare parts for this engine are unreasonably expensive and not common.